Sunday, May 25, 2014

~ Summer Gardening and Succulents



It's been a race to get the flowers in the ground before the worst of the heat is here for the summer. Since today and tomorrow it is supposed to hit 96 to 97 degrees, I tried  to finish up with all those little pretties who convinced me to bring them home when I went to the nursery and garden center. 


Along with the flowers and annuals, I like to add some flowering succulents. The succulents lend the beauty of their green leaves, and are so little work, so they have become a staple of gardening. And the fact that you can find some that either have really pretty blooms or in the case of the lovely stonecrop, its fabulous bright green works so beautifully with the greens of coleus and sweet potato vine.

Have a wonderful weekend!
See Y'All Soon~


8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Mine are not as mature as yours yet. I have been making new containers this year, they do so well. One of the few plants even my hubby likes! xo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brooke,
    Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend ... maybe with a little gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pots look so pretty, Donna! I think I'm done for now myself with plants. At least until hubby decides whether or not we are doing a little patio off our front door area. If we do, I will probably need to get a couple more pots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kathy,
    You know there will always be one more pretty flower, or one more pot...LOL
    A patio off the front sounds like a great idea! And an excuse of more flowers and pots.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    Love your color variations within your succulent garden, dear friend!!!
    TODAY, I finish the back deck pots and the Herb Box!!!
    So~o~overy grateful for our recent rains!
    Have a wonderful week ahead!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat,
    I hope you got your new pots all planted beautifully! I small herb gardens in pots and boxes. So nice to grab something quick for cooking or to enjoy their blooms. Happy to hear you got some much needed rain.
    Thank you for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So inspiring! I love the combination of succulents and perennials that you have use. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna